I really do miss blogging sometimes...why don't I do it often? There's always much going on in my mind. While looking up the words "inspiration" & "aspiration" for their meanings, I stumbled onto this blog that talked about those two words. And of course, it made me trace the steps to here. So inspiration v.s. aspiration...I've always heard of inspiration (which I've applied that meaning to a certain hero of mine) but never aspiration. According to Wikipedia, aspiration can mean "hope" and "ambition"...doesn't that apply to inspiration as well? If I were to use aspiration, I'd use the hope meaning of it. I am ambitious but sometimes being that is so overrated and annoying....
This excerpt from the blog helps explain what I mean:
"We live in an “aspirational” society. Aspiration and ambition could be good things but often drive people crazy. Aspiration refers to material things you can possess. Inspiration refers to immaterial things you wish to be. When you choose “have” versus “be”, you set yourself up for disappointment and frustration. No matter how nicer car or bigger house you will buy, there will always be some better ones you could have and don’t. It’s the famous “greener lawn” stereotype and, as with many stereotypes, there is some truth to it."
That's how I feel about life in general. We have to chase after the things in life that makes us as individuals happy, not just things that show other people we're happy. Sometimes both intermingle within each other and it works out, but if not, what is the point of being able to have those materialistic things when the inside of an individual is not so pleasant as it seems on the outside?
Overall, I am just grateful that I am always looking at things from the outside perspective of it and not the inside.
OK, now I know why I don't blog as much...it takes forever to spill out serious deep thoughts ha ha.
6.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment